When I launched the Supernatural Fandom website back in 2011, Cindy Sampson (Lisa Braeden) was very generous and donated two signed scripts – Swan Song and Live Free or Twihard – and an autographed and framed hospital bracelet that she wore in Let It Bleed to our Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation fundraiser.
A representative of Warner Bros contacted me shortly after receiving the items to inform me of how I’m allowed to distribute them. Due to policies from Warner Bros, we cannot auction them off in an online auction format. We can, however, give them away in a raffle or drawing or any similar means. Since Cindy donated the items to our fundraiser, we would like to use them to raise funds for our fundraiser.
Here’s where I’m coming to you… I have been holding onto these items long enough and we will be giving them out during our 2014 fundraiser. How would you like to see us give the items out? Please read the descriptions of our options below and then vote on your favorite. If you have an idea of your own that I do not list below, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or leave a comment on this post. If I like the idea, I’ll add it to the poll as an option.
Remember, the items cannot be auctioned off.
- Random Raffle: We would set aside one month for just these items. For every $10 a fan donates during the month, he/she will be entered once in a random drawing to win one of the items. For every $50 a fan donates during the month, he/she will be entered six times into the drawing to win one of the items. Winners and items will both be randomly drawn from a hat.
- Stipulations: We must have at least three people donate and we must make at least $150 for the fundraiser.
- Directed Raffle: We would set aside one month for just these items. For every $10 a fan donates, he/she will be entered once in a drawing to win the item of his/her choice. For every $50 a fan donates, he/she will be entered six times into a drawing to win the item of his/her choice. When placing a donation, the fan would say which item he/she wants to be entered in. Winners will be chosen from three separate drawings.
- Example: Anna donates $50 which gives her six entries. In the comments section of the donation form, she says she wants entered three times into the Live Free or Twihard script raffle, twice into the Swan Song script raffle, and once into the hospital bracelet raffle. Bill donates $30 which gives him three entries. In the comments section, he says he wants all three entries put into the drawing for the hospital bracelet.
- Stipulations: We must have at least three people donate, we must have at least one entry for each item, and we must make at least $150 for the fundraiser.
- Giveaway: People sign up to participate and get their friends and family to donate to the fundraiser in their names. The person who brings in the most donations wins the item of his/her choice. The person who brings in the second most donations wins the item of his/her choice. The person who brings in the third most donations wins the final item.
- Explanation: Amy, Bob, Charlie, David and Emily sign up to participate. Once the month kicks off, their family and friends donate to the charity. During donations, the family and friends put in the name of their participant in the comments field. The participant then gets credit for those donations. Charlie brings in the most donations and decides she wants the Swan Song script. Emily brings in the second most donations and can choose from the Live Free or Twihard script OR the hospital bracelet. She chooses the bracelet. David brings in the third most donations and automatically wins the Live Free or Twihard script as that is what is left. Bob, Amy, and everyone else who participated but did not win, gets entered in a drawing for an item the site will be giving away as a thanks for participating.
- Stipulations: We must have at least three people sign up to participate, each of those people must receive at least one donation, and we must make at least $150 for the fundraiser.